A Journey Together

This "virtual space" is a place where we can share reflections from our summer reading of the Psalms. Check the links on the side for the reading schedule, links to Youversion and our church.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16 Reflection

Reading - Psalm 34 -36

Reflection Text - Psalm 34

"Taste and see that the Lord is good"

Is there anything more enjoyable than an old fashion homemade chocolate chip cookie just out of the oven. My mom has a great recipe for chocolate chip cookies so I enjoying making them from time to time. Unfortunately her recipe was for a family of six including plenty for the neighbors. That means lots and lots of cookies, plenty for the residents at Brookhaven, plenty for the guys at work and all too many for us. I try being good by limiting myself to a couple each day. With that being said they sometime lasts us a couple weeks.

One day I accidentally left my cookies I took to work in the car. It was bright and sunny day that really warmed the car up. When I bit into that 2 week old cookie it was as if I just pulled it out of the oven. The warmth of the sun restored that chocolate chip cookie to what it was designed to be, a delicious pleasure, after a hard days work.

If God through the SUN can restore a chocolate chip cookie to it's original design, how much more can God, through His SON restore us. When we seek God in all of His creation he opens our senses to a new and exciting adventure. His beauty, His love, unfolds all around us. We begin to allow His nature and His beauty to surround us , to engulf us. He becomes our refuge. We turn to Him in our difficult times, in our brokenness, and allow Him to redeem us.

Taste and See, receive the goodness of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment