A Journey Together

This "virtual space" is a place where we can share reflections from our summer reading of the Psalms. Check the links on the side for the reading schedule, links to Youversion and our church.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28 Reflection

Reading - Psalm 49-51

Reflection Text - Psalm 50

This is one of my favorite passages as God seems to be saying back to our insistence that the world either revolve around us or that we have a small God. God speaks...

"I have no need of a bull from your stall
or of goats from your pens,
for every animal of the forest is mine,
and the cattle on a thousand hills.
I know every bird in the mountains,
and the insects in the fields are mine.
If I were hungry I would not tell you,
for the world is mine, and all that is in it."

So, why give to God if God doesn't need it? Maybe our giving to God has more to do with us than with what God needs or doesn't need. If that is the case then what happens WITH the offering becomes secondary.

Also, why do I limit God's provision for my life? Why do I insist that God can only do with what I see in front of me? How big is my God?

No comments:

Post a Comment