A Journey Together

This "virtual space" is a place where we can share reflections from our summer reading of the Psalms. Check the links on the side for the reading schedule, links to Youversion and our church.

Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6 Reflection

Reading - Psalm 4-6

Reflection Text - Psalm 5

The Psalmist says, "In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait expectantly."

I was wondering if the rhythm of his requests has merit still for us.
Movement 1 - "in the morning" - before the day begins, "you hear my voice" - the poet makes sure God hears from him early in the day.

Movement 2 - "I lay my requests before you" - This God must be a God who is close if the poet feels safe enough to share personal requests.

Movement 3 - "and wait expectantly" - Whenever I hear "expectant" I think of a pregnant woman waiting, anticipating the coming of the new life.

Reflection:
-What needs to happen in my life where I can be this intimate with God?
-How do I cultivate a prayer life that is eagerly expecting God? What difference would that make in my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment