A Journey Together

This "virtual space" is a place where we can share reflections from our summer reading of the Psalms. Check the links on the side for the reading schedule, links to Youversion and our church.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 30 Reflection

Reading - Psalm 55-57

Reflection Text - Psalm 55

What do you do when you're anxious, stressed or worried?

I remember when we were traveling abroad through an airport without many modern conveniences I spent the entire night before NOT sleeping because of anxiety over whether or not this airport could meet our needs. I read, I watched TV, I counted sheep, nothing worked.

This verse came to me that night (and has sustained me on any trip) and I began to pray it.

"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken...As for me, I trust in you."

I realized that I would still be anxious and worried but that I was limiting God from experiencing my "CARES" with me. I was keeping God out of that area of my life because I thought it was petty or I thought I should be beyond that. The reality was that God wanted to sustain me and it came when I cast (read, LET GO OF) my burdens into His lap.

What do you do when you're stressed?

No comments:

Post a Comment