A Journey Together

This "virtual space" is a place where we can share reflections from our summer reading of the Psalms. Check the links on the side for the reading schedule, links to Youversion and our church.

Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1 Reflection

Reading - Psalm 58-60

Reflection Text - Psalm 59

I am waiting on God today...for a lot of things really. Here are just some:
-For my new motorcycle
-For the redemption of some of my friends' marriages
-For my children's salvation
-For God's leaders
-For God to give me a new body that doesn't hurt when I wake up...

And yet, God hasn't (fully) come through...yet.

I was talking with a friend today about something on which I am growing impatient. I was reminded that these first 60 Psalms have had some common themes emerge, none bigger than the idea of WAITING on GOD. In Psalm 59, the Psalmist says it like this,

"You are my strength, I watch for you"

Even when facing physical harm, the poet says he will stand at the window and wait.

God, I am not there. I am too fast-paced. I want your will...NOW! I know that You care about the process....but I don't!

And yet, I want to be a person of character and of victory and conviction. Please give me a gift of expectant patience and confidence that You are moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment