A Journey Together

This "virtual space" is a place where we can share reflections from our summer reading of the Psalms. Check the links on the side for the reading schedule, links to Youversion and our church.

Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25 Reflection

Reading - Psalm 130-132

Reflection Text - Psalm 130-131

Psalm 130 is a LAMENT, or a deep penitential, gutteral cry. You can hear the passion and prayer from the writer pleading for forgiveness.

Psalm 131 is one of HOPE and TRUST.

When you read the 2 together, you get this great picture of the life of faith. There are times when we cry out from the depths, pleading with God for mercy and there are some moments where, despite our context, we claim hope and God's faithfulness.

Read them together from The Message as a prayer. Substitute in your own words for the place you find yourself today.

1 Help, God - the bottom has fallen out of my life! Master, hear my cry for help! 2 Listen hard! Open your ears! Listen to my cries for mercy. 3 If you, God, kept records on wrongdoings, who would stand a chance? 4 As it turns out, forgiveness is your habit, and that's why you're worshiped. 5 I pray to God - my life a prayer - and wait for what he'll say and do. 6 My life's on the line before God, my Lord, waiting and watching till morning, waiting and watching till morning. 7 O Israel, wait and watch for God - with God's arrival comes love, with God's arrival comes generous redemption. 8 No doubt about it - he'll redeem Israel, buy back Israel from captivity to sin.

1 God, I'm not trying to rule the roost, I don't want to be king of the mountain. I haven't meddled where I have no business or fantasized grandiose plans. 2 I've kept my feet on the ground, I've cultivated a quiet heart. Like a baby content in its mother's arms, my soul is a baby content. 3 Wait, Israel, for God. Wait with hope. Hope now; hope always!

No comments:

Post a Comment