A Journey Together

This "virtual space" is a place where we can share reflections from our summer reading of the Psalms. Check the links on the side for the reading schedule, links to Youversion and our church.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 27 Reflection

Reading - Psalm 136-138

Reflection Text - Psalm 138

These 2 verses are hitting me deeply today.

"6 Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly, but the proud he knows from afar."
-God is close to the lowly, despite being so "above" them. Those who are proud have no need for God, therefore God is removed.
-How do I try to hide my "lowliness" with false pride?
-What are my pride triggers?
-Is there a link to those who we'd call lowly (poor, broken, weak) and closeness with God? What can I learn from them?

"8 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever."
-Do I believe that God has more invested in me that what I give God credit for?
-How do I practically give myself to God's enduring love?

No comments:

Post a Comment