A Journey Together

This "virtual space" is a place where we can share reflections from our summer reading of the Psalms. Check the links on the side for the reading schedule, links to Youversion and our church.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 12 Reflection

Reading - Psalm 91-93

Reflection Text - Psalm 91

In Matthew 4:6, Satan tempts Jesus by telling him to throw himself off the mountain because God will send his angels to protect him. Satan, in that moment, is quoting verse 11-12 from this Psalm. It says,

"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. On their hands they will bear you up, so that you will not dash your foot against a stone."

Satan takes a word of promise for God to put God to the test. Jesus overcomes this temptation by saying, "Do not put the Lord your God to the test."

All this to say...
-How many times do I put God to the test using God's very words against Him to accomplish what I WANT?
-How many times do I twist God's words to work for my benefit or to support my thinking?
-How do I "hold God at His word" without using it as a tool to manipulate God?

No comments:

Post a Comment