A Journey Together

This "virtual space" is a place where we can share reflections from our summer reading of the Psalms. Check the links on the side for the reading schedule, links to Youversion and our church.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8 Reflection

Reading - Psalm 10-12

Reflection Text - Psalm 10

Verse 4 says, "In his pride the wicked man does not seek him;
in all his thoughts there is no room for God."

The poet here is saying that the prideful do not seek God because how could he when all he's thinking about is himself. In other words, when we are so focused on ourselves, when we are so content with a self-sustained and self-contained life then we essentially crowd out the place where God wishes to dwell. It's kinda like filling your living room with wall-to-wall furniture and then inviting over a guest. You may want them to come in but essentially you've labeled other things as more important.

My prayer today: Oh God, forgive me for my pride. I've often left no room for you in my life because of my arrogance and wrong priorities. Create a longing in me that is strong enough to move whatever I've put in your place. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment