A Journey Together

This "virtual space" is a place where we can share reflections from our summer reading of the Psalms. Check the links on the side for the reading schedule, links to Youversion and our church.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

June 5 Reflection

Reading - Psalm 1-3

Reflection Text - Psalm 3

David was facing opposition for a close friend. It was in fact, his son. David wrote this poem, this song, while he was fleeing from his own blood. I love that he wrote that many did not think God could deliver him, but David said,

"3 But you, LORD, are a shield around me,
my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
4 I call out to the LORD,
and he answers me from his holy mountain.
5 I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me"

With his head on the line, David could sleep and have assurance to know that God would protect him, lift him up, answer him and deliver him.

A question or two for our discussion: What would it look like for me to have that same sense of trust, confidence and assurance in God's faithfulness for my life? Can I have that without being completely desperate like David?

No comments:

Post a Comment